At The Bible Church, we exist to behold and proclaim the glory of God in the face of Jesus as revealed in the Bible. There are three main priorities that drive and inform all that we do.
- The Glory of God: This is our ultimate priority because it is God’s ultimate purpose for the church. He has designed the church as a theater in which His glorious Wisdom is displayed before the angles (Ephesians 3:10; 21). In all that we do, we desire God’s unique excellence to be on display.
- The Centrality of Christ: If we are to fulfill our purpose of giving glory to God, we must be centered upon Christ because He reveals to us the Father’s glory (John 1:18; 2 Corinthians 4:6). This means that in all that we do as a church we strive to be centered upon Christ. God’s glory in the church is wrapped up with Christ’s centrality in the church (Ephesians 3:21).
- The Word of God: This priority is the practical way that we can be a church that is focused on God’s glory and Christ’s centrality. In these last days God has spoken to us by His Son and we know of His Son only in the Bible which perfectly reveals Him (Hebrews 1:1-4). We desire to be a Word focus and Word driven church because we desire to be a church that is about God’s glory and Christ’s centrality.
Practices of The Bible Church that help us to behold and proclaim the glory of God in the face of Jesus.
- Preaching Expositionally (2 Timothy 2:14-15; 2 Timothy 4:1-2; Psalm 119:130)
- Emphasizing Sound Doctrine (1 Timothy 3:14-16; Titus 3:8; 2 John 1:10; Galatians 1:8-9)
- Praying Corporately (Acts 2:42; Acts 4:31; Acts 12:4-5; Acts 13:1-3)
- Shepherding Elders (Acts 20:28; Acts 14:23; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 1 Peter 5:3)
- Discipling Deliberately (Matthew 28:19-20; 2 Timothy 2:2)
- Fellowshipping Spiritually (Acts 2:42; Philippians 2:1; Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Remembering Christ at His Table (Acts 2:42; Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34)
- Fitting Gospel Conduct (1 Peter 1:15-16; Titus 2:1; Romans 6:1-4)
- Evangelizing Locally and Globally (Matthew 28:19-20; 2 Corinthians 5:20-21)
We are convinced that the Bible teaches that as we behold and proclaim the glory of God in the face of Jesus we are to do so with this spirit:
- Love (Colossians 3:14; 1 Peter 1:22; 1 Peter 4:8)
- Humility (Philippians 2:3; 1 Peter 5:5; Romans 12:3)
- Unity (Ephesians 4:1-6)
To read more about what the Bible Church at Port Washington is all about, read what we believe.