First Post: 12 points defining sanctification.
Second Post: 10 points on the visible evidence of sanctification.
At the end of this section on sanctification Ryle gives 6 points of “Practical Reflections” on sanctification that flow out of the previous posts.
1. For one thing, let us all awake to a sense of the perilous state of many professing Christians (Hebrews 12:14).
2. For another thing, let us make sure work of our own condition, and never rest till we feel and know that we are ‘sanctified’ ourselves.
3. For another thing, if we would be sanctified, our course is clear and plain–we must begin with Christ.
4. For another thing, if we would grow in holiness and become more sanctified, we must continually go on as we began, and be ever making fresh applications to Christ (Ephesians 4:16).
5. For another thing, let us not expect too much from our own hearts here below.
6. Finally, let us never be ashamed of making much of sanctification, and contending for a high standard of holiness.